Career Services at UWRF
Career Services is a student-focused office providing comprehensive career planning services to UWRF students and alumni. We provide expertise, resources and support to empower Falcons to make and implement well-conceived career plans and develop their career readiness.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
Career Services now schedules appointments via Handshake. All UWRF students and alumni have access to Handshake, an online recruiting platform specifically for employers to recruit UWRF's top talent. Please review the following information about how to login to Handshake depending on your audience type.
Incoming Students: An account will automatically be created for you 24 hours after registering for classes. If you're an incoming or prospective student and want to schedule an appointment, call 715-425-3572.
Current Students: You can log in to Handshake using your UWRF credentials.
Alumni: At this time, we don't have professional staff available in the office to take alumni appointments. Please check back in May 2024 when we hope to be fully staffed.
Some alumni already have access while others need to update their email or have an account created. Learn more here.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
1. Log into your Handshake account.
2. Click "Career Center" in the middle-right or top-right of the dashboard.
3. Click "Appointments."
4. Click "Schedule A New Appointment. "
5. Follow the prompts to complete the request. You will receive notification via email when your appointment request is complete.
- Resume writing and reviews
- Cover letter writing and reviews
- Researching majors and careers
- Job and internship search
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews
- Career assessments (for current students only)
- LinkedIn profile development
- Salary negotiation strategies
- Accepting and declining job offers
Meet our Staff
The Peer Advisers are a leadership team trained to meet one-on-one with their peers on resume and cover letter writing, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation and mock interviews. Additionally, they help promote the office, execute outreach activities and assist with event execution.
Office assistants are a leadership team trained to provide quality service and administrative support to ensure the office operates in a friendly and efficient manner. Their main responsibilities include greeting office visitors, answering the phone, scheduling appointments and preparing materials for events.