Come Join Us at the Career and Internship Fair!
Thank you for your interest in UWRF and your desire to help our Falcons explore a variety of internship and career opportunities. Career Services values your partnership and looks forward to connecting you to UWRF's top talent.
Benefits of Attending the Fair
- It's a cost-effective way to recruit and target qualified candidates for your organization!
- You'll have access to highly qualified, talent students!
- You can collect resumes to screen and build a pool of potential candidates!
- Promote your company's brand at your designated booth!
Fall 2023 Career Fair is full. To join the waitlist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023 Fair Information (SOLD OUT)
Contact email@example.com to be added to the waitlist.
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 11 and Thursday, Oct. 12
- Where: UWRF University Center
- Check In for Organizations: 8-9:30 a.m.
- Career Fair: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Clean Up: 2-2:30 p.m.
Registration and Cost of Attendance
To register for the Career and Internship Fair, first create a Handshake account. You'll be prompted to create your account, connect with or create your business and then connect with UWRF. All employers participating in the event will need a Handshake account.
Registration for the fall Career and Internship Fair runs July 10 through September 29.
- Early Bird Registration: $325 (July 10-July 28)
- Standard Registration: $350 (July 31-August 25)
- Late Registration: $400 (August 28-September 29)
Each organization is limited to two representatives. Registration includes one six foot table, two meals and one parking pass. Additional lunches and parking passes may be purchased at an additional cost. For information on purchasing additional passes or meals or editing information on a registration form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register HERE for the fair.
Please note that registering for the Career and Internship Fair begins by creating a Handshake account. New to Handshake? Begin by creating your account here.
- Click the registration button below.
- You'll be prompted to create your account, connect with or create your business and then connect with UWRF. The registrant does not have to be one of the representatives attending the Career and Internship Fair in order to complete the registration process, however, all representatives participating in the event will need Handshake accounts.
Sponsorship Opportunities and Registration
Explore below for additional marketing and publicity opportunities as well as registration information.
Various levels of sponsorship are available to all organizations for the Career and Internship Fair. Fair sponsorship benefits include additional access to students, personalized messaging to students and additional branding and marketing for your organization. Please review the chart below to learn more about sponsorship opportunities and benefits.
In order to receive all sponsorship benefits in marketing materials, you must register to be a sponsor by the deadline to ensure full access to the benefits. If you are interested in sponsoring the Career and Internship Fair, please indicate which level while registering for the event. Contact us at 715-425-3572 or email@example.com with questions.
Career Fair Sponsorship Levels
|Sponsorship recognition displayed at booth||X||X||X||X|
|Featured visibility on the Career Fair website||X||X||X||X|
|Signs recognizing sponsorship level displayed at the Career Fair||X||X||X||X|
|Logo recognition in event marketing messages to students||X||X||X||X|
|Logo recognition on event print collateral||X||X||X||X|
|Logo recognition featured on Career Services social media (Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn)||X||X||X|
|Guaranteed prominent booth placement in high traffic location.||Prime booth placement w/ 8 foot booth||Prime booth placement w/ 6 foot booth||Prime booth placement w/ 6 foot booth|
|VIP Parking Passes||2||2||1|
|Logo recognition on University-wide social media||X||X|
|Targeted email message on behalf of your organization through Handshake |
(define majors, years in school, and information you would like to share)
|Customizeable book of resumes delivered digitally post-career fair|
(designate up to three majors and customize years in school)
Career Services utilizes Handshake. This allows students to build profiles, upload resumes and search and apply for jobs. Employers can also build company profiles, post jobs, recruit students and register for UWRF events. Please see below if you are experiencing issues online.
- Follow this link to Handshake: https://uwrf.joinhandshake.com/login. Click on "Sign up for an Account."
- Select "Employer" and fill out the designated fields
- Important Note: Make sure you register with an email associated with the organization (i.e. use the same domain for the email address. Example: "@uwrf.edu" shows an employee is associated with UW-River Falls)
- Please provide an accurate phone number as we use this to communicate about the Career and Internship Fair.
- Click "Sign Up."
- Specify which students you’d like to recruit.
- Identify your alma mater, then click on "Next: Employer Guidelines."
- Read the guidelines and select 'Yes' or 'No' regarding third party recruiting.
- Click "Next: Confirm Email."
- Handshake will try to match companies to you based on your email domain. Click on your company to connect if they already have a Handshake account.
- Make sure you connect to the correct company. Businesses with several branches are likely to have a company profile for each branch. Double check the location, logo and staff. If you are able to connect to your company, skip 7.3
- You can also manually search for your company or "Create New Company."
- To create a company, click on "Create New Company."
- Fill in Company Name, Company Logo, Industry, Website, Location, Description and Company Size.
- Click "Create New Company."
- Your company is more likely to connect with more schools if you fill out all of the required and additional fields
- You will now connect with UWRF. Search “University of Wisconsin-River Falls” exactly (and any other schools you’d like to connect with).
- Wait for UWRF Career Services to approve the connection.
- Additional information is available at https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133047.
- Log into Handshake and click on "Fairs" on the left dashboard.
- Search “University of Wisconsin-River Falls.”
- Click on the Fall or Spring Career and Internship Fair link.
- Click on "Register" in the top right corner.
- Fill out the registration completely.
- Don't forget to:
- Select booth type.
- Enter the representative count.
- Specify type of position.
- Specify majors interested in recruiting.
- Select payment method. Selecting "Manual" will not allow you to pay by card if you change your mind.
- Check the "I have read and agree to the refund policy" box.
- Answer the additional recruiting questions.
- Don't forget to:
- You will receive an invoice from Handshake with a link to pay. The link will bring you to the Homepage for the Career Fair. For payment by check, skip to step number five.
- Click on "Registered" and then "View Registration."
- The green "Pay Now" button will be on the left.
- If you do not see the "Pay Now" button, you likely selected to pay manually by check. Click "Edit" at the top right and change the payment method from "Manual" to "Pay by Card."
- Refresh the page (This may take up to a minute)
- Enter card information. Payment receipt will say “University of Wisconsin-River Falls."
- Payment by check:
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls Career Services
- 410 South 3rd St., 187 Rodli Hall, River Falls, WI 54022
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions
- Additional information is available at https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133197.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore below for answers to our most frequently asked questions.
If the Career Fair is a two-day fair, neither day is geared toward specific industries or majors. All UWRF students and alumni are invited to attend. The Career Services office does our best to communicate information to all majors via targeted email marketing, print collateral, social media content and more. In addition, we highly value our faculty and staff partnerships. Many faculty and staff accross campus share information about the fair in their courses.
Booth placement is determined by the career fair coordinator and is based on several factors:
- Sponsors receive guaranteed prominent placement. See sponsorship information above.
- Further placement near sponsor booths is based on a first come, first served basis.
- Organizations who register later or those who have moved from the waiting list to a secured booth spot, have less priority than those who registered earlier.
If you have a large display that you will be bringing to the Career Fair, the Career Services office recommends you ship it.
If you choose to ship your display, please send it to:
Career Fair Coordinator
716 Wild Rose Ave.
River Falls, WI 54022
*Please notify Career Services at 715-425-3572 or email@example.com on the day of shipment of your materials.*
If your representative can no longer attend the Career and Internship Fair, we encourage you to find a replacement. However, we know that isn't always possible!
If you have paid to participate in the UWRF Fall 2022 Career and Internship Fair and your organization is unable to attend, a full refund is possible before September 15, 2023. No refunds will be issued after this date.
Career Services No Show Policy: If an employer registers for the event and does not show up the day(s) of the event, the employer will be charged 100% of the registration fee(s). If the employer has paid for the event, no refund will be given. If the employer has not paid for the event, the employer will be billed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
All employers that attend this event agree to abide by the NACE Principles For Employment Professionals. Click here to review the NACE Principles for Employment Professionals.
Advertising positions: The Career and Internship Fair is an event in which students learn about full-time and internship opportunities. If your organization is not offering one or both of these types of positions, please post your available positions on Handshake and consider connecting with students in other ways.
The following types of organizations are limited to participation on a waiting list basis. If space is available after a fair or event registration deadline has been reached, organizations representing any of the following categories may be permitted to participate in the event:
- Employers offering commission-only based positions
- Employers sponsoring an individual to set up their own business for the purpose of selling products or services and/or recruiting other individuals to set up their own business
- Employers requiring an initial investment from this individual, with the organization itself serving as an umbrella or parent corporation. The initial investment may be direct payment of a fixed fee, payment to attend an orientation or training session and/or purchase of a starter kit.
- Third-Party recruiters
The Armed Forces: The Armed Forces will now recruit from the vendor tables on the main level of the University Center. This change has been implemented due to the increased demand for booths and overall space. Registration fees will be waived. However, parking and lunch are available for an additional cost.
Handshake: Please note, registering for the Career and Internship Fair begins by creating a Handshake account. You will be prompted to create your account, connect with or create your business and then connect with UWRF. The registrant does not have to be one of the representatives attending in order to complete registration, but all representatives attending the fair will need a Handshake account in order to participate.
Cancellation and No Show Policy: If you have paid to participate in the Career and Internship Fair and your organization is unable to attend, a full refund is possible before the deadline. No refunds will be issued after this date. Please contact the Melissa Slaght at 715-425-3572 or email@example.com with questions.
No Show Policy: If an employer registers for the event and does not show up the day(s) of the event, the employer will be charged 100% of the registration fee(s). If the employer has paid for the event, no refund will be given. If the employer has not paid for the event, the employer will be billed. Please contact the McKenna Pfeiffer at 715-425-3572 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Inclement Weather/Campus Safety Alert Policy: Career Services staff will monitor all weather/campus safety conditions and consult with university officials and civil authorities.
- Should a weather/campus safety emergency be occurring or imminent, the Career Services staff will cancel an event if, and only if, the University has decided to officially close.
- When a career event is cancelled, the Career Services website will be updated with the news. The Career Services staff will also be briefed with official information to disseminate to callers requesting information.
- Good faith efforts will be made to communicate event cancellations to relevant constituents via email messages and phone calls.
If the Career and Internship Fair is NOT cancelled due to inclement weather/safety concerns and still proceeds as scheduled, UWRF Career Services holds that organizations benefit from the Career and Internship Fair and its promotion even if the organization is unable to attend. In this case:
- Organizations receive exposure through the Handshake website.
- Organizations receive exposure through the UWRF Career Fair App and via other marketing coordinated on campus.
No refunds will be provided.
Employers have the option to unload displays and booth items at the University Center loading dock prior to parking in Pay Lot 1.
Address for Unloading: 501 Wild Rose Ave, River Falls, WI 54022
Please follow “Career Fair Unloading” event signs located along Cascade Avenue and Sixth Street directing you to the University Center loading dock. Event staff will be located at the loading dock and will bring your materials to your booth while you park. Following the event, display loading will be available following the same instructions. Please note that staff will not begin picking up display materials until 2 p.m. for load-out.
Click the button for information on local lodging options!
Interview rooms are available for on-campus interviews in the University Center and Career Services Office. If you would like to reserve a room for on-campus interviews, please email email@example.com. Reserve early as space is limited.
Please note: Career Services is happy to provide you with a room reservation for an on-campus interview. However, we cannot manage the scheduling and communication regarding on-campus interviews. Please be prepared to let students know the time and location of their interview and have them contact you with questions.